Electric forklifts are generally favored for indoor operations because they have zero emissions. However, they are increasingly being used for outdoor duty and nowadays there are rugged, energy-efficient electric lift trucks available for just about every application.
Do you need a compact, three-wheel forklift capable of driving through a standard-sized doorway? Perhaps a Mariotti narrow aisle lift is right for you. What about a heavy-duty electric truck capable of hoisting a 60,000-pound load? Your options include the innovative Versa-Lift 40/60.
Our team of forklift experts takes the time to talk through all of your options and help you decide what equipment will work best for you.
Benefits of Electric Forklifts
At NITCO, we offer a comprehensive line of electric forklifts from top manufacturers, including: Hyster, Yale, Drexel, Mariotti, Combi, Bendi, Balyo, Task, Versa-Lift and more. Here are just a few of the potential advantages of utilizing electric forklifts in your operation:
- Environmentally friendly — Battery-powered electric forklifts produce no harmful emissions.
- Quiet — With their electric motors, they are far less noisy than than propane and diesel forklifts.
- Maneuverability — They tend to be more compact and maneuverable since they are not powered by a bulky internal-combustion engine.
- Refueling cost — The cost of recharging the battery overnight is generally less than replacing gas bottles or filling a tank with diesel fuel.
- Lower total cost to owner — Maintenance and service can be less costly since battery-powered lift trucks have fewer moving parts. And because they usually enjoy a longer life span, electric forklifts are often seen as having a lower overall cost to the owner.
Electric Forklift FAQs
Q: How do I take care of batteries and chargers?
A: Failing to conduct proper maintenance can shorten the life of a forklift battery. In fact, the three main causes of premature battery failure are: unbalanced charging (that is, overcharging or undercharging), over discharge during operation and inadequate routine maintenance. [Read More]
Q: What are my fuel source options?
A: Most electric forklifts are powered by a lead-acid battery, but new technology is changing the game. Hydrogen fuel cells, a clean, energy-efficient option that streamlines the time-consuming refueling process, are now gaining in popularity — especially for companies with larger fleets running multi-shift operations.
However, many industry insiders believe that lithium ion batteries are the wave of the future. They are more expensive, until you do the math — that’s because they are more efficient than lead-acid batteries and require zero maintenance.
Q: How do I know whether an electric forklift is right for my business?
A: When it comes to selecting the right forklift for the job — and for your particular warehouse and storage environment — your best bet is to talk to an experienced forklift expert. The team here at NITCO will ask a lot of questions about your warehouse, workflow and more to help you decide what equipment will best serve your needs.
Forklifts & Materials Handling Solutions [The NITCO Catalog]
Here at NITCO, we’ve been helping companies of all sizes and industries move, lift, store, produce (and get the job done!) more efficiently since 1969. Explore our full range of forklifts, cutting-edge materials handling solutions and much more by downloading your free NITCO catalog.