Have an indoor forklift application? We have your cushion tire lift truck solution.
Cushion tire forklifts sit low to the ground and are a great solution for indoor warehouse usage and light outdoor applications. They are ideal for a wide range of jobs, from unloading shipments to organizing inventory, order picking, moving product back to the loading dock, and more.
In addition to being categorized by application, forklifts are often categorized by tire type. Because they sit lower to the ground, cushion tire forklifts also provide greater vertical clearance than pneumatic tire forklifts.
NITCO has partnered with world-class manufacturers like Hyster, Yale, Mariotti and more to bring you the best cushion tire forklifts on the market.
Our experienced forklift experts start by talking with you to understand your warehouse or manufacturing operation. This way, we are best equipped to help you explore your full range of options as you decide what equipment will work best for you.
Benefits of Cushion Tire Forklifts
Here are just a few of the potential advantages of utilizing cushion tire forklifts in your operation:
- Lower Clearance — Forklifts built for indoor use with cushion tires generally have a lower clearance than pneumatic tire equipment, enabling them to more easily navigate doorways and low-hanging obstacles.
- Maneuverability — Most indoor cushion tire forklifts are electric, which means they tend to be more compact and maneuverable since they are not powered by a bulky internal-combustion engine.
- Durability — Cushion tires for forklifts are durable, easy to maintain and have no risk of puncture.
- Environmentally Friendly — Battery-powered electric cushion tire forklifts produce no harmful emissions.
- Quiet — Since most cushion tire forklifts are powered by battery instead of an IC engine, they are far less noisy than propane and diesel forklifts.
Cushion Tire Forklift FAQs
Q: What is the difference between cushion tire forklifts and pneumatic tire forklifts?
A: Cushion tire forklifts are equipped with solid rubber tires, designed mostly for indoor or light outdoor use (on asphalt, for example). While cushion forklift tires are generally smooth, pneumatic tires are equipped with tread to provide greater traction outside.
Q: What are my fuel source options?
A: Most electric forklifts are powered by a lead-acid battery, but new technology is changing the game. Many industry insiders believe that lithium ion batteries are the wave of the future. They are more expensive, until you do the math — that’s because they are more efficient than lead-acid batteries and require zero maintenance.
Q: How do I know whether a cushion tire forklift is right for my business?
A: When it comes to selecting the right forklift for the job — and for your particular warehouse and storage environment — your best bet is to talk to an experienced forklift expert. The team here at NITCO will ask a lot of questions about your warehouse, workflow and more to help you decide what equipment will best serve your needs.
Forklifts & Materials Handling Solutions [The NITCO Catalog]
Here at NITCO, we’ve been helping companies of all sizes and industries move, lift, store, produce (and get the job done!) more efficiently since 1969. Explore our full range of forklifts, cutting-edge materials handling solutions and much more by downloading your free NITCO catalog.